Howard Memorial Park was founded on January 22, 1862 and was known as "The
Fox Hills Cemetery". The cemetery was established as a non-sectarian,
not-for-profit association governed by its lot owners. In 1940, a committal
chapel and the original office was constructed off of Velp Avenue.
1992, The Tribute Companies was retained to to develop and market the first
phase of the Memorial Chapel Mausoleum and office building. The
Tribute Companies (see www.tributeinc.com for further information), owned by William R. Toson, consists of three
different divisions offering various products and services to the cemetery
and funeral industry. Bill
Toson, a third generation cemeterian, acquired ownership of Fort Howard Cemetery
from the previous association in 1999, and at that time, the name was changed
to Fort Howard Memorial Park.
of the Park was turned over to Bill's daughter, Christine Toson Hentges, representing
the fourth generation to operate cemeteries in 2003. The cemetery remains
one of the few family owned and operated memorial parks
in the State of Wisconsin,
which the Toson family takes
great pride in.
Christine and Tim Hentges
Barbara and William R. Toson