Fort Howard Memorial Park was founded on January 22, 1862 and was known as “The Fox Hills Cemetery”. The cemetery was established as a non-sectarian, not-for-profit association governed by its lot owners. In 1940, a committal chapel and the original office was constructed off of Velp Avenue. This building was tore down in 2010 after vandals destroyed what was left of the building.
In 1992, The Tribute Companies was retained to develop and market the first phase of the Memorial Chapel Mausoleum and office building. The Tribute Companies (see www.tributeinc.com for further information), currently owned by Christine Toson Hentges, cce consists of three different divisions offering various products and services to the cemetery and funeral industry. William R. Toson, a third generation cemeterian, and Christine’s father, acquired ownership of Fort Howard Cemetery from the previous association in 1999, and at that time, the name was changed to Fort Howard Memorial Park.